Thread: Nikon SB-28 fires only at the second frame

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nikon wiring

Quote Originally Posted by -jeff View Post
    The SC-27 and SC-28 does use three conductors. The problem is one of the conductors is connected to the Data(Q) pin rather than the Handshake(SP) pin. So, to make this work you will need to do a little re-wiring of the AS-10 and SC-28.
    Dear Jeff,

After having battery and sync issues with my wireless triggers so I've taken a stab and rewiring the SC-17 connector and SC-27 three core cable to carry the wake signal, essentially using the red 'quench' pin in the SC-27 as the wake and moving the 'quench' red wire in the SC-17 connector onto the 3-pin socket. I tested the setup with my multimeter and all connections looked good, and after connecting the flashes to the camera both triggered on first fire as expected.

However, leaving the trap overnight the flashes stop working. I think the second (last flash) goes to sleep and doesn't wake - worst still it prevents the first flash firing because if I turn the secondary flash off the main flash will fire again. If I turn everything off and back on it all works.....goes to sleep and both flashes wake etc.

I was hoping the hardwired system would be more reliable! Any thoughts please.............here is one of my successful shots with the Hahnel Captur wireless triggers, just too many batteries to fail.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images