I've also had issues with the PIR V3 sensor. It seems to detect wind movement very well ...but not so good with bird movement (which is what I'm trying to capture). Never had any issues with my Bushnell trap camera (in the same locations, triggering more from birds and less from wind). That said ... it might be a question of settings (sensitivity, sensor placement, angle etc.). Still playing with those.

Perhaps the PIR V3 sensor *is* too wide. I've tried putting a small PVC pipe over it (70mm long) to narrow the viewing field, but no good results. Camtraptions said they might be willing to design/build different sensor optics that focuses on a narrower field ... but I've spent too much money already on something that doesn't seem to work very well. I've just invested in another Bushnell trap camera. Might try to run some parallel tests to get to the bottom of it. The trap camera sensors seem to be well tuned (at least the Bushnell HD ones I've used are).

Anyway, would love to hear if you have any further resolution to the PIR v3 sensor.