Thread: Newbie

Hi all,

Im, very new to camera trapping so please bear with me. I got very interested in camera trapping after I saw some of the photos going around, they are magnificent.
    So I got all the gear in one go i.e camtraptions wilderness bundle so I knew that everything was compatable. I recently bought a refurbished Canon Eos 5D ii and a canon 17 - 40mm L lens as I thought it would be better than my old 77D I was using.

Question is would this make a good combination in your opinions.

cheers, pete

Welcome Pete,

I think that would be an excellent starter kit. When I started I had the basic entry level Nikon D3400 and 18-55mm kit lens, and was able to capture images I am incredibly happy with.

Personally, I think it's all about the subject and scene as compared to the gear. You could have the best gear available, but if you can't find a pleasing scene to photograph then what's the point? That's just my two cents, hopefully this helps a little! I look forward to your progress and your photos to come!

Thanks,
    Griffin.

Hey Pete.....great first post. The 5D i a great camera trapping camera. Equipment is important by I think it is more about composition and lighting. I'm looking forward to your results.

Good luck.

-jeff