Hi there,

I'm using a Sony A7S2 to shoot true HD (not 4K) at 100FPS. I find that the camera shoots video at various intervals for about a day, then stops.

I also notice that the last several videos are all fogged up. My battery is at 92% so I know I have not run out of batteries. But then I get 5 or 6 days of not a single video being shot. Trigger/receiver is camtraptions.

I suspect it is heat ... my Sony is in a black Pelican case using that packing foam as the holder. I have a dummy battery going into a Sony NP-F970 video battery.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not shooting at 4K but I'm doing 100FPS HD (4x slow motion)... not sure if the fogging up is on the housing lens ... or the camera lens. If the camera is overheating, I suspect it is on the housing lens (temp dfferential between inside and out).

This is really annoying though ... I have spent so much money on setting this thing up and I just cant get any trapping longevity out of it.

Does anyone have an 'open' housing? Something that lets air through? I'm starting to think this would be better.

Etienne