Thread: Nikon SB-28 fires only at the second frame

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That is some valuable information, Jeff.

I tried to follow your instructions, but unfortunately i couldn't fix this issue. I guess i did something wrong. That's why i created a visualisation

Pixel TF-322 Modification.JPG

On the left side is the original cabeling from the Pixel TF-322. Only X-Sync and Ground are connected to the PC Sync Port.
    I soldered the Handshake & Data to the Ground Connection of the PC Sync Port. It is still working but always only from the second trigger. What am i missing ? Or what did i wrong ?
    Maybe the chaining of my 2 Nikon SB-28 is wrong ? That's why i created a schematic for it...

DSLR Camera trap schematic.jpg

Any ideas ?

thank you very much !

Kind regards

Lars

Quote Originally Posted by lynxlynx.ch View Post
    I tried to follow your instructions, but unfortunately i couldn't fix this issue. I guess i did something wrong. That's why i created a visualisation

Pixel TF-322 Modification.JPG

On the left side is the original cabeling from the Pixel TF-322. Only X-Sync and Ground are connected to the PC Sync Port.
    I soldered the Handshake & Data to the Ground Connection of the PC Sync Port. It is still working but always only from the second trigger. What am i missing ? Or what did i wrong ?
    Maybe the chaining of my 2 Nikon SB-28 is wrong ? That's why i created a schematic for it...

DSLR Camera trap schematic.jpg

Any ideas ?

thank you very much !

Kind regards

Lars
    On your schematic you shortcut some datas transfert wire, you will probably break your DSLR if you try for long time like this... (i think, without know how is made inside DSLR)

thank you for your feedback.
    I already fixed that and i replaced the pc sync port with a 3.5 mm jack port.

Hi,

I use Yognuo RF 603II for my 2-3 SB-28 flash setup. Nikon D200 / D3200
    There the flash comes immediately upon the first frame. I modified the 603's to take bigger batteries for longer operatation time. They have worked well in rainstorms, snow and down below -15C in the winter.

Hello from Norway.
    For years, I've had the problem that only a Nikon SB-800 flash wakes up on the first image. It has been very annoying but has been solved by taking two photos in a quick order. Flash number two wakes up on the second picture. The batteries on the flash number one burn out faster than flash two, and it's not possible to use my D3200 because it can not be set to take only two pictures. The solution to the problem I found here, with three wires and Pixel TF-322. Thank you very much!
    Marten. Two SB-800, some daylight and Nikon D700. Forum.jpg

Beautiful marten picture!! Glad you were able to figure out your lighting issues with the help of the forum and hope you post more images from Norway.