Thread: Homemade Trap Canon 450D

Homemade Trap Canon 450D

Hi all! I made my camera trap from an old canon 450 camera with a homemade sensor with PIR module HC-SR501.

I'm new to traps, but I've been shooting Scoutguard with camera traps for a year now.

Mg9jd5tUk6g.jpg

N0XcUbKcy70.jpg

Three Nikon Sb-28 flashes and radio transmitters youngnuo rf-603 were used for lighting. The power supply of the transmitters has been converted to 2 AA batteries. According to my tests, it lasted 5 days. At the moment, we managed to photograph several buzzards that actively fly to the bait in the form of a hare. Hopefully a fox or other animal will visit my trap at night.

Nice pictures. They look like hawks to me?

Thanks for sharing. What country or US state are these photos from?

Nice pictures, maybe tilt a camera a bit down - so you do not crop the feet of animal. Thank you for info about your setup. Are the flashes also active during daylight? Were the buzzards not scared of the flash?

I suspect this is from Europe and it is common buzzard (Buteo buteo)

I'm from Russia

Yes, that's right, it's a common buzzard. The flashes are active all the time while using the simplest sensor and relay. Buzzards don't pay attention to flashes at all. The entire memory card was filled with their pictures. During installation, I accidentally touched the camera, so I cut off the bottom a little.

I shot some more hedgehogs in the garden to figure out the camera settings. And the first interesting trophy is a picture of a badger at its hole.

_rsj13bSzyM.jpg

nxlmq7CVIP4.jpg

UaURhXIOkZk.jpg

Без имени.jpg

I managed to find a hole with young badgers. This time the camera and lighting are set up the most successfully and I am pleased with the result of the shooting. Changed the camera to Canon 6d with manual Industar-50-2.

3tkU49d5HRs.jpg

4J-VnZ_JzWw.jpg

PiO64HmCmMw.jpg

RTaXtGmbf28.jpg

Golub did you use a micro controller or just the pir sensor? can you guide me with the build?