Quote Originally Posted by -jeff View Post
A few thoughts......

-Make sure the camera is going to sleep or turned off between motion events.
-I'm not familiar with the Tether Tools ONsite Relay A. It may be drawing power when the camera is off between motion events.
-I looked at the Tether Tools website. It looks like the adapter has a USB A connector that plugs into the USB A jack on the Cygnett power bank. On the power bank you have one USB A and two USB C connections. The USB A connection is capable of 3 Amps of power at 5 Volts. The Tether adapter then converts the 5 Volts to 7.2 Volts to power the camera. Some power packs power off when they don't detect a load and will not power back up when needed. You might check that by setting up your camera trap at home and running it through many motion events.
-Another way to power the camera is with a battery pack made to power cameras. The Sony NP-F type batteries put out 7.2 Volts and will not need any conversion. This type of power pack is on all the time with no internal electronics drawing power.
-Most USB power packs don't put out the advertised rating. Take a look at this forum thread about testing batteries and power packs. https://www.cameratrapper.com/showth...and-capacities

Hope this helps. Let us know what you find.
Hi Jeff,

I think you are right ... I just read that the Cygnet power bank will automatically turn off when it decides that it is not in use. So it has circuitry in there that tries to decide when it should be on or off.... and that might not play well with the camera being asleep and turning on (it does go to sleep). A bit annoyed at the review that I read that convinced me to buy the Tether adapter matched with a phone battery bank!

I think I'll invest in a Sony battery with dummy plug. Will report back.

Etienne