Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Performance Comparison Between Nikon SB-28 and Other Speedlights?

Its the one with the layout shown on this article ( with the slide on/off switch )

https://www.photographypls.com/neewer-750ii-review/

It's called the 750II for Nikon, but they updated the design, even if you find it on amazon with the old design picture could be a try and error as they sent me a new design version.

I would recommend finding one on ebay or facebook marketplace with an actual product photo to make sure.

Thanks. I found one on eBay. Can't wait to try it.

I think we may have a winner. I received a Neewer 750 II with the manual on/off switch (not a push on, push off switch) a few days ago. Then, attached it to a Nikon D600 and let the camera and flash go to sleep for a couple days. When I pressed the shutter button, quickly going from metering to shutter, the flash fired. This is great news for the camera trapping community. Finally a second choice for a flash.

20230316100328-4637dd58-me.jpg

Thats great news! It'll be interesting to see how well it performs in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by J Formstone View Post
    Thats great news! It'll be interesting to see how well it performs in the long term.
    Yes, it's going out to the field tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be around 10F at night for the next few days. This should be a good test.

Quick update......the flash has been in the field for one week. The batteries are four, six year old Eneloop rechargeable NiMh AA. So far it is still running.

Quote Originally Posted by -jeff View Post
    Quick update......the flash has been in the field for one week. The batteries are four, six year old Eneloop rechargeable NiMh AA. So far it is still running.
    Thanks for the update Jeff.... Looking good!