Thread: Developping my own PIR sensor

Developping my own PIR sensor

Hello,

Since 2018 I'm developping my own sensor based on a PIR sensor HC-SR501

After the first version and sone small problem about trigger, I let this development for others projects I have.

One month ago I found a D4 with more than 200'000 shots, really low price, like the price of some D90 or D7000 or D5300 with lens.

I have F-mount lenses and decide to use at the moment the 50mm F/1.4

I done in 2018 the case for camera (with D750 in the begining) and now I'm adapting for D4.

For the sensor, I developp my own electonic based on a PIR sensor and a PIC uController insipired about camtraption V1 sensor.
    What I implemented inside (not all functions used now)
    - 16 pos rotaty switch for 16 differents programs
    - 1 light sensor to know day/night (for flashing or not flashing)
    - 2 LEDS red/green to be able see PIR trigger and a power indicator for battery indicator (removable with jumper
    - 2 CR123A battery
    - 2 shutters for PIR detection direction
    - 1 ON/OFF main switch
    - 1 waterproof connector with 3pins trigger, 2 pins flash enabling (optocoupler)

For the new version WIP now :
    - +1 cover on the top of PIR sensor to
    - change the main switch with a "smaller one" because some times a movement of my hand during installation or handling result to OFF or ON the sensor

Here is some pictures about first tests of this year with D4 and actual sensor
    IMG-20220813-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20220813-WA0021.jpg
    Screenshot_20220815-112951~2.jpg
    PXL_20220813_135559963.jpg

How has your experience been with the development of your PIR sensor for the D4 camera, and what improvements are you aiming to achieve with the new version?