Thread: Mountain lion

Mountain lion

My wife and I and I found this on our camera trap this morning. Interesting that a man with a chainsaw passed through on the same trail 5 minutes after this one, traveling the opposite direction which means they passed each other....Never expected a daytime picture so camera settings were set for darkness with flashes.
    North Central Idaho
    Camera Model Canon EOS Rebel T6i
    Shooting Date/Time 5/16/2021 11:25:01 AM
    Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
    Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/160
    Av( Aperture Value ) 8.0
    ISO Speed 400
    Lens EF-S10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
    Focal Length 14.0mm
    White Balance Mode Auto
    AF Mode Manual focusing
    Drive Mode Silent single shooting

MLDEFPNG-1 by ronhouseholder, on Flickr

MLDEF2PNG by ronhouseholder, on Flickr

Nice image. The cats always want to know who is in their territory.

That's pretty amazing! I wonder how close they came to each other. Do they they pose much of a threat to humans ?
    Sorry for my apparent ignorance regarding mountain lions, but living here in the UK the only threat we have is from stinging plants and insects.

Quote Originally Posted by J Formstone View Post
    That's pretty amazing! I wonder how close they came to each other. Do they they pose much of a threat to humans ?
    Sorry for my apparent ignorance regarding mountain lions, but living here in the UK the only threat we have is from stinging plants and insects.
    Thanks John. Mountain lions usually don't pose a threat to humans unless they're starving or protecting young. Fortunately there is a lot of wild turkeys, deer, and other wild game available for them to feed on...A short time ago there was a young woman killed by one while hiking in Oregon....I'm not real concerned but it only takes once so I carry a weapon for self defense.