Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New flashgun for camera trapping coming soon

No sleep function and four days on four AA batteries? I was hoping for something that would be equivalent to the Nikon SB series.

Quote Originally Posted by -jeff View Post
    No sleep function and four days on four AA batteries? I was hoping for something that would be equivalent to the Nikon SB series.
    It does seem a bit underwhelming. I have a pair of Yongnuo flashes which i bought for a project a few years ago for half the price, which have similar spec but also includes a built in receiver.
    I hope it sells well for them and i hope to see some favourable reviews for them, but at the moment i think i will be sticking to my Nikon SB's.
    Last edited by J Formstone; 06-12-2021 at 08:00 AM.

So this flash just stays on all the time and never sleeps? That’s why the battery life is so short?

How much life do you get from an sb28 on 4xAA?

Quote Originally Posted by dancarrphoto View Post
    So this flash just stays on all the time and never sleeps? That’s why the battery life is so short?

How much life do you get from an sb28 on 4xAA?
    It depends on how much activity they see, but personally, I generally get about 2 weeks from my 2900 mah AA rechargable batteries, although I usually try to replace them every week if I can. I'm sure alkaline or lithium batteries would last much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by J Formstone View Post
    I am in the process of testing and comparing a few different models out at the moment. The SB 24, SB25, SB28, and the SB80DX. So far they all seem to work as well as each other. I assume the SB26 would also be the same.
    Hi John, Can you update on how the testing of the SB-24, 25, 80DX, and the SB-26 has went for you.
    I am hoping for more options as well. The SB-28's have gotten super expensive to get to Canada...
    Thanks Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Dean View Post
    Hi John, Can you update on how the testing of the SB-24, 25, 80DX, and the SB-26 has went for you.
    I am hoping for more options as well. The SB-28's have gotten super expensive to get to Canada...
    Thanks Daryl
    Hi Daryl, I may be putting out a comparison video on You tube sometime, I havnt tried the SB26 but as far as the other models go they all seem to do the job great and I use the SB 28, SB 24, SB25 and the SB80dx on a regular basis. Any tests i do are not very in depth or technical, its the ends result that counts for me.

Quote Originally Posted by J Formstone View Post
    Hi Daryl, I may be putting out a comparison video on You tube sometime, I havnt tried the SB26 but as far as the other models go they all seem to do the job great and I use the SB 28, SB 24, SB25 and the SB80dx on a regular basis. Any tests i do are not very in depth or technical, its the ends result that counts for me.
    Thanks for the great info John.. ��

I received an email today from Camtraptions announcing the flashes now have a solar adapter for topping off and charging the "in flash" rechargeable batteries (and trigger) or for recharging the optional NiMH external battery pack. The email included a video of the updates. This of course assumes a camera trap is getting direct sunlight in the daytime hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nX3elzbFp8