Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New flashgun for camera trapping coming soon

New flashgun for camera trapping coming soon

Hi All,
    I thought I would give you a heads up of a new speedlight/flashgun coming soon from Camtraptions.
    I just stumbled across it on the internet and as of yet there is no information on the website, just a few teasing low light images.
    Looks like it could be interesting and may stem the recent surge in prices of used SB 28's on Ebay.
    Here's the link: https://store.camtraptions.com/produ...32176875438163
    I have no affiliation with Camtraptions, but i thought it would be of interest to my fellow camera trappers.
    regards
    John.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope it has the same features and specs as the SB28.

I don't know why everyone tries to get the SB-28, the sb-25, sb-28 works as well. And possibly the sb-26 as well.

Thanks for the info John!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuppi View Post
    I don't know why everyone tries to get the SB-28, the sb-25, sb-28 works as well. And possibly the sb-26 as well.

Thanks for the info John!
    I am in the process of testing and comparing a few different models out at the moment. The SB 24, SB25, SB28, and the SB80DX. So far they all seem to work as well as each other. I assume the SB26 would also be the same.
    Last edited by J Formstone; 02-26-2021 at 03:59 PM.

I have a couple SB24 that I use. They work fine. Just a little larger than the SB28.

Quote Originally Posted by J Formstone View Post
    Hi All,
    I thought I would give you a heads up of a new speedlight/flashgun coming soon from Camtraptions.
    I just stumbled across it on the internet and as of yet there is no information on the website, just a few teasing low light images.
    Looks like it could be interesting and may stem the recent surge in prices of used SB 28's on Ebay.
    Here's the link: https://store.camtraptions.com/produ...32176875438163
    I have no affiliation with Camtraptions, but i thought it would be of interest to my fellow camera trappers.
    regards
    John.
    Maybe if somebody here knows anybody at Camtraptions they could contact them and see if they could join in on this discussion. I would really like to see more venders participating on this forum.

Update on this flash...

I was in contact with Camtraptions this weekend and they are preparing the website and hope to have the Z1 flash available for sale in the next two weeks.

I have no other details in terms of price, possible weather sealing, etc but those waiting should keep an eye on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by riseform View Post
    Update on this flash...

I was in contact with Camtraptions this weekend and they are preparing the website and hope to have the Z1 flash available for sale in the next two weeks.

I have no other details in terms of price, possible weather sealing, etc but those waiting should keep an eye on their website.
    Thanks for the info, l look forward to seeing the specs and price.

Thanks for the update.