Thread: Common Buzzard and Common Genet

Common Buzzard and Common Genet

Hello, I am from the Basque country, (Spain). All my English is translated by a google translator. It is a bit difficult to look up the names of animals in English.

111e.jpg

11e.jpg

Canon 400D with 18-55 kit lens
    Nikon SB28 flashes
    Yongnuo rf603c II
    Snapshot Sniper - SSII
    Pelican 1020 - 1150 (aliexpress)
    Rechargeable batteries AA amazon and D.

Welcome to the forum. Those are beautiful images.

Bienvenido al foro. Son bellas imágenes.

They stole my equipment... the 400d and two flashlights, they cut the 8mm pin with shears. Also the surveillance camera that he had that did not send photos.

In my next construction I want to feel more secure, I would like a tie larger than 12mm to make it difficult to cut the shear, I am thinking of a gps (used for dogs and etc) inside the pelicam, which abise when moving and track the location... the bad thing about the gps that has a monthly cost.

and of course a camera that sends images to the mobile.

Any suggestion that escapes me...?

That's a camera trappers worst nightmare. It's hard to protect a camera trap. Especially if there are external flashes and motion detectors. All it takes anymore is a cheap battery operated angle grinder and within minutes your camera trap is gone. About all you can do is find private ground in a more remote area.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor View Post
    They stole my equipment... the 400d and two flashlights, they cut the 8mm pin with shears. Also the surveillance camera that he had that did not send photos.

In my next construction I want to feel more secure, I would like a tie larger than 12mm to make it difficult to cut the shear, I am thinking of a gps (used for dogs and etc) inside the pelicam, which abise when moving and track the location... the bad thing about the gps that has a monthly cost.

and of course a camera that sends images to the mobile.

Any suggestion that escapes me...?
    I feel your pain Castor! I had all my camera trap equipment stolen a couple of months ago. I am in the process of replacing my gear at the moment.
    I too have thought about a GPS tracker, but have not done much research into it yet.
    Last edited by J Formstone; 02-17-2021 at 04:52 PM.

I know the feeling, I had two of my traps got stolen about one year ago. He/She took everyting :-(
    What puzzles me is the question: What are they doing with it? It's not that the equipment has big value. It's mor the work that goes into it. Unfortunatly ther is little you can do. Best is probably a number of cameras with a GSM connection to get a picture of the person. But that is also costly and can fail ;-(
    A tracker only helps if everything is taken and only at his/her home investigated. Also they need power. i wish I had a better suggestion ;-(