Thread: Nikon SB-28DX

Nikon SB-28DX

Hi guys,

I came across a Nikon SB-28DX when looking for a SB-28. Will the SB-28DX be as good as the SB-28 for trapping? Anyone have experience with this model?

The DX version provided full TTL to SLR and a few early models of Nikon DSLR camera. So, for camera trapping with DSLR cameras, there is no difference. Run it in the manual mode.

Thanks Jeff

Okke,

Always thought the SB-28DX is not that useful for trapping but wasn't sure why. This is what Ken Rockwell (kenrockwell.com) writes on his dedicated SB-28DX page:

The newer SB-28DX goes completely to sleep in STBY mode, so if I leave the SB-28DX in STBY mode I can always leave the flash turned on without the batteries running down. The downside to this is that after sitting all night it may take a few seconds to be ready for the first flash right after you wake up the system by tapping the shutter release, not a big deal. I prefer the SB-28DX to the SB-28 here. In other words, you never need to turn off the SB-28DX unless you don't want the flash to fire. I just always leave it turned on in the STBY mode in my bag and I never have to turn it on when I want to use it.