Thread: Sony a7S II with Atomos Ninja Flame recorder

Sony a7S II with Atomos Ninja Flame recorder

This camera trap was built around a Sony a7SII camera, Viogtlander lens and a Atomos Ninja Flame recorder. To trigger the camera trap, three TRLcam wireless remote passive infrared motion sensors are utilized. Camera control is handled by a TRLcam wireless control board that enables the user to set video length, stills or video, day only, night only, 24/7, PIR sensitivity and to enable/disable external lighting.

The Ninja Flame has been modified to turn on and off with the camera. This enables one battery to last at least as long as the camera or Ninja Flame memory.

20180328164042-b0e907ff-me.jpg

20180328164042-8d19f18f-me.jpg

20180328164043-fa096cab-me.jpg

1. Can this be replicated for a lumixgh4 with a shogun recorder to stop and start the camera/recorder via one of your triggers both during the day and night.
    2. Is it simply a case of plugging your detector into my camera or would the camera/shogun require modification.
    3. What is the cost?

Regen

Quote Originally Posted by regen View Post
    1. Can this be replicated for a lumixgh4 with a shogun recorder to stop and start the camera/recorder via one of your triggers both during the day and night.
    2. Is it simply a case of plugging your detector into my camera or would the camera/shogun require modification.
    3. What is the cost?

Regen
    Yes, we have built a few using the Atomos Shogun and the Lumix GH4 camera. The Shogun is modified by us to be able to remotely turn the unit on/off. No modifications to the camera. The system works well but keep in mind the Shogun takes a little time to boot up and be ready to accept the HDMI stream from the camera. I'll PM you with more details.

Wow, that's an impressiv camera trap!
    Great work Jeff !

Hi Jeff

Is it possible to modify the Atomos Ninja V to turn on and off with the camera (Nikon Z 6) by myself? I'd love to record video in ProRes RAW and HDR for maximum quality.

Dominic
    Last edited by Dominic Tinner; 04-30-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Tinner View Post
    Hi Jeff

Is it possible to modify the Atomos Ninja V to turn on and off with the camera (Nikon Z 6) by myself? I'd love to record video in ProRes RAW and HDR for maximum quality.

Dominic
    Hi Dominic, welcome to the forum.

If you have some electronics and soldering experience, it's not too tough to get it done.