Thread: Does anyone have any experience with these triggers?

Does anyone have any experience with these triggers?

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to camera trapping, and was wondering if any of you had any experience with either the Pluto trigger or the MIOPs setup?
    Like I said I'm a total newbie to this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kevin

I have not had experience with either product. It looks like they both have a lot of features. But, neither one is waterproof and I wonder what the battery life would be in the field. Most camera trappers leave the trap in the field for three or four weeks and more. So, a camera controller needs to be able to accommodate that.

We have a vendors section on this forum, maybe the manufacturer will see this thread and promote their product or answer questions in the vendor forum.

This is an old thread now and you've probably already found your answer, but I'll add my experience with the Pluto trigger.

As Jeff said, it's not waterproof. My idea was to put it inside the housing with the camera, either looking through the UV filter I used on the housing or through a small piece of acrylic. Unfortunately, it won't work through the filter, or the acrylic, so I've resorted to just having it looking through an open hole.

As far as power is concerned, it can be powered by any USB power bank, so that's not a problem.

Steve