Thread: Cognysis Sabre or Camtraption v3 PIR Sensor

Cognysis Sabre or Camtraption v3 PIR Sensor

Hello,

I am new to this forum and like to ask if anyone can give me a helping hand on deciding which of the a fore mentioned triggering systems to choose for my camera trap setup.

The main application for the camera trap is regarded to mammals.
    But I can think of capturing fast moving subjects like bats or birds in flight.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

Bump...I'd like to know as well.

Hi Frank,

As a newby to camera trapping I can't really compare the two, but here's my two cents on my experience with the camtraptions v3 PIR sensor.

When setting it up for cats I tried what would happen when I put the sensitivity dial to the highest setting and I also captured mice and a European robin. So it is possible to use it for fast moving animals, but I did notice that there is a slight delay with the wireless setup that could cause problems when using it for this purpose. I guess it all depends on the type of shot you have in mind, the whole setup (wireless or connected), and the settings and placement of the motion sensor. For mammals the size of a cat or bigger I reckon the camtraptions sensor works fine and gives you plenty of options.

For me the main reason for going with a camtraption setup is the cost. The camtraptions is 200 Euros vs. 500 for the cognysis. So it was a better option as a beginner with a limited budget to go for camtraptions. But eager to try out the cognysis and see how it compares. Would be nice if someone else is able to compare them.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Vasco

IMG_5857.jpgIMG_5848 (1).jpg