Thread: SB-28 won't go to sleep

Wink SB-28 won't go to sleep

Hello

I have problems to connect my SB 28 to my Nikon D5100. Via a Nikon SC-17 I have conneted the camera to the first flash, then I connected the second flash via the TTL mutiple flash terminal to an AS-10 on the next flash, like this every thing goes to sleep, but the second and the third flash just wake up at the second shoot. So I've read that the solution is to open up the AS-10 and connect the red wire to another pin (photo) but with this method the second flash won't go to sleep, the first and the third working as is I wanted, they go to sleep and fire at the first shoot. Does anybody have a soulution for this particular problem?

Thanks

Martin
    InkedNikon AS-10, reconnection_LI.jpg

Hi Martin.......thanks for joining the forum. To enable all flashes to enter the sleep mode, you need to install isolation diodes in the line. Here is a post in a previous thread that explains the procedure. https://cameratrapper.com/showthread...wfull=1#post97

Hii Jeff
    Thanks for your fast answer. Is there no other solution? Or is it possible to install the isolation diodes between the pin an the cabel inside the AS-10?

Inside the AS-10 is a great place for the diodes.

I will try this, thank you very much for your help and a happy new year

Hello Jeff
    I finally had the time to work at my discribed problem aboth. But after soldering the diodes in the AS-10's I still have the problem that the second flash in the row won't go in the sleep mode like the other two. And now the third flash will just wake up after the first shot and makes the flash at the second. Is there something I can test out or something else?

Best wishes
    Martin
    Last edited by martzo; 02-21-2020 at 02:59 PM.

Confirm that the flashes work. Put each on the camera hot shoe and make sure they go to sleep, wake and flash as they should. If each flash works on the camera, then check your wiring.

Exactly! 1st flash works on the camera, then checks the wiring.