Thread: Installation of ten timelapse systems in Wyoming

Installation of ten timelapse systems in Wyoming

Last week I had the pleasure of installing ten timelapse systems in southwest Wyoming along Henrys Fork, a tributary of the Green River. The timelapse systems will be used to tell stories of the movements, habitats and life cycles of the livestock and wild animals.

The timelapse systems I installed also included a sensor recorder that monitors barometric pressure, humidity, outside temperature, inside housing temperature and time. The readings are written to a SD card every 60 seconds, 24/7. The intervalometer is designed with a GPS receiver on the board. The data from the GPS goes to a microprocessor where it is used to calculate the sunrise and sunset time for the next day. The controller firmware is written to start acquiring images one hour before sunrise and stop one hour after sunset. The cameras for this project are Nikon D5600 with either a kit lens or a Sigma wide angle zoom lens.

I didn't have a lot of time to take pictures, but here are a few shots from the week. In the few days I was there we had rain, snow and Wyoming wind.

The ranch family was kind enough to put us up in the ranch house/office. This was the view I woke up to each morning.

The ranch is in the shadow of Kings Peak, the highest point in Utah.

Wildlife is abundant in the area.

Here are a few pictures of the installations.

The area is full of history and many old log cabins. The 1825 rendezvous was held just a few miles from the ranch.

Here are a the hardest workers on the ranch.

All in all it was a great week. The best part was there was no cell service and no internet access.

Hi Jeff, really nice setup !! i just want to ask you what components you used? not the camera, i mean, Timelapse controller, Triger, Battery, power module, Wifi, etc.
    Thanks in advance
    Luciano

Hi Luciano, the timelapse controller was designed and built by me at TRLcam.com. It will works with most cameras with a remote shutter port. The power is provided by one 30 watt, 12 volt solar panel. Power is stored in three 18650 li-ion batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by -jeff View Post
    Hi Luciano, the timelapse controller was designed and built by me at TRLcam.com. It will works with most cameras with a remote shutter port. The power is provided by one 30 watt, 12 volt solar panel. Power is stored in three 18650 li-ion batteries.
    Thanks for the fast reply ! Do you sell them? where can i get more info about? Tech specs, etc?

Regards

Luciano

Is there a way to obtain more information about the timelapse controller you designed and built at TRLcam.com, including technical specifications and purchasing details?