Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera trap switzerland - argovian jura mountains

Camera trap switzerland - argovian jura mountains

Dear all,

I thought i start a new thread, as the other one's named "woodmouse" - Thank you again for your great help here at the forum.
    My setup is still the same:

• Pelicase
    • Nikon D5500
    • Nikon 20mm F/2.8D AF
    • Trailmaster TM-550
    • 2 Nikon SB-28
    • 3 Nikon TF-322 (modified)

To Keep the flashes dry i'm using 2 spaghetti container, i'll post you some in the future to show you the whole modification.

Kamera settings: ISO 400, F 8.0, 1/250s

I finally got some other animals than the woodmouse :-) - Still not the object of my desire, which would be european wildcat and eurasian lynx, but this two species are quite hard to catch. My last capture of an eurasian lynx with one of my cuddeback camera traps was last November :-(

Nevertheless i'm quite happy about the european pine marten:

20180621-00010.jpg

Unfortunately it is not a proper capture - There was already some ambient light and the marten moved quite fast, he already left the focus area :-(

The second one is a european red squirrel:

20180621-00002.jpg

Luckily there wasn't any ambient light, but the squirrel was a little bit to high in the frame, i focused really for the animal crossingÂ….

I'm looking forward to other improved captures.

Kind regards from switzerland

Lars

Interesting pine marten shot. I wonder how much different they are then the ones here in Canada.

Yes, i was surprised too, to capture this european pine marten at this time (around 9 in the morning) . In switzerland they are very nocturnal and it is my first catch at this time... - The difference shouldn't be big, as they belong both to the Martes genus (Martes Martes vs Martes Americana)...

Beautiful animal. Thanks for sharing.

You have some reflections un left of your pictures and probably the edge of your box in corner down left, Have you flash ?

Yes, i installed 2 SB-28 flashes

In the meantime i had to move the camera trap in the other direction of the animal trail, as 80 percent of the animals went in the other way trough the camera trap

20180714-00044.jpg

20180709-00005.jpg

20180721-00006.jpg

I also installed another camera trap to another place:

Fireking KK-S2 Housing
    Nikon D3300 with Trevor Battery Grip
    Nikkor 18-55 mm VR
    Hähnel Captur wireless trigger
    2x Nikon SB-28
    Trailmaster TM-1550

IMG_3370.jpg

20180729-00003.jpg

20180803-00023.jpg

nice pix, maybe a bit more light from down will be better ? like for cat ? or maybe it's just because the cat is too close from the camera

thank you. Yes the cat was already to close. I already moved the infrared barrier trigger a little bit further up to get a better lighting