PDA

View Full Version : More Camera trap image finalists in"Wildlife photographer of the year 2021 awards"

J Formstone
10-13-2021, 05:43 AM
Hi all,
The results of the wildlife photographer of the year awards 2021 were announced yesterday, which i watched, last night, live on You Tube and once again it was encouraging to see around 6 camera trap images making it though to the finals. Including the fantastic image by Johnny Armstrong of the fox at the top of this page which was a finalist in the "Animal portrait" category. Congratulations to Johnny for this well deserved achievement.
Other camera trap images of note were of a a bear near a deer carcass that was voted as winner of the "Animals in their environment" category.
There was a record 50K+ entries for this year for what is possibly the most prestigious wildlife photography competition of the year.
Here is a link to the awards ceremony held at the Natural history museum in London. Its well worth a watch : https://youtu.be/I0R32kCD5Tw
I hope this may inspire you to enter some of your images. The dates for entry into next years contest is the 18th Oct 2021- 9th Dec 2021.
John.

-jeff
10-13-2021, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the update. I noticed another cameratrapper.com user won a category. Zack Clothier goes by user name Zack on the forum. Congratulations Zack!