PDA

View Full Version : White tailed deer

ronwoodcraft
12-12-2020, 09:53 AM
I've got mountain lions on a cheap trail cam in this area few times..Mountain lions were the target here but sharing anyway...Taken with a Canon 5D III and 17-40 lens with Camtraptions equipment...I don't know why the picture is so small.

J Formstone
12-13-2020, 07:18 AM
Nice image! Thats a very expensive camera to have as a camera trap, I'm not sure I would be able to sleep knowing it was left unattended. :eek:

ronwoodcraft
12-13-2020, 08:56 AM
Nice image! Thats a very expensive camera to have as a camera trap, I'm not sure I would be able to sleep knowing it was left unattended. :eek:

Thanks, I started having auto focus problems with the 5D III. about three years ago. I hem hawed around about spending the money to send it to Canon and have it repaired, and didn't want to offer it for sale in that condition, so it just sat collecting dust. I started studying about DSLR camera trapping recently and it's strictly manual focus anyway. So I dusted it off and began learning this new hobby. I'm putting together a 2nd camera trap right now using an older Canon Rebel...Only setting on a private ranch where I have permission. It's adjacent to my own property.

-jeff
12-13-2020, 11:57 AM
Very nice Ron. Just curious, what was the size of the image when you uploaded it to the forum?

ronwoodcraft
12-13-2020, 12:42 PM
Very nice Ron. Just curious, what was the size of the image when you uploaded it to the forum?

It's a PNG image 1400 x 933...I just converted it to JPG. Appears to have helped some.