PDA

View Full Version : Trail cameras

Kamalawarna
05-17-2020, 10:36 PM
This topic might not be relavant here. But trail camera is also an essential in trapping. Following link sells some cheaper trail cameras that we can buy few together fir the price of a branded one. Is it wise to go ahead with them
them

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/trail-camera.html

-jeff
05-18-2020, 09:30 AM
Commercial trail cameras are a great way to establish animal movement patterns before deploying higher end camera traps. I have tried some of the cheap Chinese cameras in the past without much luck. The image/video quality was poor and they never lasted more than a few months.

Kamalawarna
05-18-2020, 09:40 AM
Thank you Jeff. What is the best choice considering both functionality and cost? I am currently having stealth cam(STC P12). But I want to deploy few more in several locations.

-jeff
05-18-2020, 09:53 AM
I have heard good things about the Stealth Cam line of trail cameras. Many of my customers use the Bushnell and Browning cameras with good results.

Kamalawarna
05-18-2020, 09:09 PM
Yes.Stealth cam is good. Specially water proofing. Recently I got mine drowned in the flood overnight. Nothing has happened. But customizattion is not as good as my old Reconyx pc800, which now gives an error code.